Sunday, November 25, 2012

The chain that's yet to find its keys!




My first visit to NID Paldi campus and I set my eyes on Mukul Goyal’s acrobatics keychain.

I saw a lot of myself in it. The shining steel connoting the optimism I hold for the future, the free hanging acrobat represents individuality and a new perspective, an upside down world view seeking for new substance.

I had to have it. I waited patiently through all those college days. Most Paldi visits were to see it, hold it in my hands, and feel its cold steel and figure, wondering whether my desire is a materialistic need of a capitalistic collector or of a dreamer who found some identification with another designer’s product.

On my last trip there, along with my mother, we visited the store again. Only this time my resolute was much stronger and surer. I narrated the preceding story to my mother, to highlight the relevance of this splurge!

The chain awaits my next accomplishment in life to celebrate its usage, my next car or my own apartment?

Let’s see!!!

No comments:

My Blog List