Saturday, December 8, 2007

“Nach le “


Dance literally translates into moving rhythmically to music or lively motion.
To me, it is the human salvation from the worldly pleasures and grieves. It’s a span of trance, where you fail to respond to any stance around but to your very own heart and soul. When practicing dance, one transcends into a complete ecstatic and gleeful meditation, which I am sure years and years of time spent on the Kailash would not provide to the human mind.( at least not mine). This is how much Dance means to me. It’s a way one can retain youth forever, value smiles and enjoy the petite details in our surroundings.
I have always been diehard fan of Madhuri Dixit’s dancing panache. She is an absolute inspiration to many. And by saying that, I donot only refer to the jhatkas and matkas she carries out, but the soulfully involved performance that she exhibits, leaves one astounded. Her last character in the movie “Dil to pagal hai”, revolves around the same thought. She is a dancer who does not moves for admiration from her audiences, but she moves on the beats of her heart and enjoys every bit of it.
Her departure from the industry much to my dismay led to my drift from dancing. I lost interest from this blissful act and drove away at a completely different tangent. Not a single soul could reckon this inclination of mine (Not even me)!
Fortunately, she is back now with “ Aaja Nachle ” inviting me open handedly to join her in spreading this talent around. Mera jhoomka uthaka laya yaar we, jo gira tha bareily ke bazaar main…..aaja nachle mere yaar tu….Omigosh, I’ve been on a dancing high ever since.
People choose from dance assortment persisting- some learn classical forms of art, some find western kinds more profound, whereas for some dancing is all about disco theques, some are bathroom dancers, some prefer calculated stage performances. Either ways, dancing adds a new reason to live life.
Reality shows like Nach baliye and Jhalak dikhla Ja (minus the drama ) are wonderful attempts to get this talent into limelight. Although the melodramatic show-off torture every bit of endurance and is a great put off. I am sure even Madhuri agrees with me on this. Nevertheless, It’s worthwhile to go through this pricking torture once the performances start.

Putting an end to this write up –
I reiterate that Dance- Enjoy your body, it’s the best feeling ever.

1 comment:

mojaswi said...

i want to see you dance now, not to mention dance with you ;)

My Blog List